خبر من مصادر إنجليزية.
منعت قوات حفظ السلام الفرنسية قوافل المسلمين من مغادرة مدينة "بانغي" بجمهورية "إفريقيا الوسطى"، بعد تصاعد تهديدات المليشيات النصرانية التي أكدت عزمها على قتْل جميع المسلمين والتخلص منهم؛ حيث يجتمع النصارى على الطرق لمنع المسلمين وشن اعتداءات منظمة على سياراتهم وشاحناتهم أثناء مغادرة المدينة.
وقد أكدت منظمة العفو الدولية فيما نقلته صحيفة "الجارديان" عبر موقعها أن ممثلي المنظمة مثل "دوناتيلا روفيرا"، رأوا جثث المسلمين مذبوحة ومحروقة بالشوارع، في حين التهمت الكلاب والحيوانات الأخرى بعض الجثث، وهذا إضافة إلى حرْق وتدمير منازل المسلمين وممتلكاتهم؛ المصدر: شبكة الألوكة.
يرجى الإشارة إلى المصدر عند نقل الخبر - شبكة الألوكة.
Christian threats force Muslim convoy to turn back in CAR exodus
Peacekeepers prevent crammed cars from leaving Bangui for fear of ttack, and evidence emerges of village massacre
Thousands of Muslims tried to flee the capital of the Central African Republic (CAR) on Friday, only for their mass convoy of cars and trucks to be turned back as crowds of angry Christians taunted: "We're going to kill you all."
The drama unfolded as Amnesty International said it had uncovered evidence of a fresh massacre in a village where the sole surviving Muslim was an orphaned girl aged about 11, and France said it would send an extra 400 peacekeeping troops.
Some cars were crammed with as many as 10 people as the convoy made its way through Bangui, the second such attempt to escape in a week, the Associated Press reported. Christians gathered along the road to shout abuse and threats.
The convoy was turned back because African peacekeepers feared it would come under attack in some volatile parts of Bangui. The desperate procession was halted in the Miskine neighbourhood, where one vehicle tumbled into a ditch on the side of the road.
On the orders of a Burundian captain, the peacekeepers went from vehicle to vehicle instructing everyone to return to a local mosque, according to an AP journalist at the scene.
Lieutenant Rosana Nsengimana, of the African peacekeeping force known as Misca, said: "The convoy escorted by Burundian forces returned to its departure point because of a problem in a neighbourhood on the north end of the city where the Muslims would have had to pass through."
The neighbourhood in question witnessed fresh fighting on Friday with at least one person killed in a grenade attack by Christian militiamen, according to witnesses at a nearby mosque. French peacekeepers had to rescue two other severely injured people from an baying crowd that had set tyres on fire and was shouting anti-Muslim and anti-French slogans.
Muslims have increasingly been targeted by Christians who took up arms against a mostly Muslim rebel group known as the Seleka, which seized power in a coup a year ago, committing scores of atrocities along the way. The Christian militias, known as the anti-balaka, seem intent on what they perceive as vengeance.
Amnesty has warned that a campaign of ethnic cleansing is causing a Muslim exodus. On Friday Donatella Rovera, a senior crisis adviser at Amnesty, described the scene at a village in the north-west of the country.
"We saw bodies littering the streets," she said. "Several of them had been partially burned. Others had been partly eaten by dogs and other animals. One was the body of a little baby who could not have been more than seven or eight months old. We saw more than 20 bodies but we think that there were several more.
She continued: "All the houses of the Muslim population had been burned or looted and in one of the houses I found a little girl of about 11. She was the only Muslim survivor of the village: the others had either fled or been killed. She was crouching in a corner. She had been hiding there since the day of the massacre. She had not eaten or drunk anything. She was terrified and could not stand at all.
رجاء، اكتب كلمة : تعليق في المربع التالي